My Boss's Translation

A Good Example 
is the Best Sermon

Four men stood in a church lobby. They were arguing over which Bible translation was the best. One argued for the King James Version, citing its beautiful, eloquent old English.

The second man advocated the American Standard Bible, noting its literalism and the confidence he felt in its commitment to accurately representing the message of the original texts. The third man praised The Living Bible for its conversational, easy-to-understand prose.



After giving thought to each of his friends' impassioned arguments, the fourth man said with certainty, "Frankly, I prefer my boss's translation."
"What do you mean?" the first man asked incredulously. "Your boss is just a shop foreman. He doesn't even have a college degree."

"I stand in my claim," the fourth man said. "My boss has translated the pages if the Bible into his life. He has lived the message. And it has been the most convincing translation I have ever witnessed."
All the scholarly theological pursuits can't match the life lived through love and marked by kindness, truthfulness, and humility. That, in fact, is the way of living that is taught in every translation of the Scriptures.

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of  peace will be with you.  - Philippians 4:9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mirror or a 2-Way Glass?

LIFEBOOK

Are you an Angel?