Just Another Day at the Office

Let's see if you can relate...

My assistant is out sick today.
The printer's out of toner.
My car is in the shop again,
So I'm forced to drive a loner.

Two new software programs to learn,
But the verbiage makes me dizzy.
I've tried to call up tech support,
But their line is always busy.

The repairman's torn the copier apart,
So my report will be quite late.
With people swooping in like flies,
How can I concentrate?

The telephone rings endlessly.
There's gossip in the hall.
My candy dish is empty now.
And a salesman's come to call.

Sometimes I'd like to chuck it all.
Trade this madness in for boredom.
But the kids needs braces, clothes, and shoes.
And how else can I afford them?

* That day is lost in which one has not laugh. 
Do not live to work... instead, work to live.

---o0o---

Humans are born with two eyes, but with one tongue, in order that they should see twice as much as they say.

A young executive, fresh out of business school, entered his office for his first day of work. Settlng into his leather chair, he breathed a sigh of satisfaction and adjusted his silk Hermes tie. He had toiled long and hard to get where he was. He leaned back to savor the moment. Then, noticing a prospective client coming toward his office door, he began to look busy and energetic. He opened a notebook, then picked up his phone, cradling the receiver under his chin.

As the client entered the office, the neophyte executive began to write furiously, while stating in his most business-like tone, "Very good, then, Mister Forsythe. I will meet with you on Friday to finalize the deal. What's that? Yes, four million should be adequate. I will notify the New York office of our agreement."

Hanging up the phone, the executive put down his pen and extended his hand to his visitor.

"Good morning, sir," he said in his most officious tone. "How may I help you?"

The 'client' replied, "Actually, I'm here to hook up your phone."

* Don't go out of your way to impress people - especially if it means putting on airs. Nothing makes a worse impression than someone falling on his or her face.

---o0o---

A young businesswoman, confused about her future, sat in a park, watching squirrels scamper among the trees. Suddenly, a squirrel leaped from one high tree branch toward another quite a distance away. To the woman, the leap seemed suicidal. And just as the woman feared, the squirrel missed the branch it was aiming for -- but landed safely on a branch several feet below.

A man sitting on a nearby bench remarked, "I've seen many squirrels miss their branches, but I've never seen any get hurt trying." He chuckled and added, "I guess they have to risk something if they don't want to spend their whole lives in the same old tree."

The woman, contemplated the man's words. A squirrel takes itd chances, she thought, do I have less nerve than a squirrel? Am I nuts? At that moment, she made up her mind to take the career risk she had been considering. Later, she landed safely, ultimately climbing to a higher position than she had even dared to imagine.

What are your career dreams? Do they seem out of reach? Don't be afraid to take a leap of faith now and then. If you miss, God will catch you.

To hit the mark, we aim above the mark.


***
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. 
Philippians 4:13 NASB
------------------------------------------
Forwarded by Annie S.G.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mirror or a 2-Way Glass?

LIFEBOOK

Are you an Angel?