What You Resist Persists

What you resist persists.
Why is that?
Because what you focus on increases, and resistance is a great way of focusing on something (remember, you can't do a don't).
Some people spend their whole lives running away from certain feelings and experiences, but what they resist persists, so the faster they run, the closer those things get.

But you can stop running.
I used to worry that my business would fail and I would have to get a regular job.
Then one day I told myself it would be OK if I got a job.
I felt better immediately, and the likelihood of me having to get a job diminished.
Stop for a moment, and ask yourself what you've been resisting.
Then ask yourself what would happen if you accepted that rather than resisting it.
There is nothing to fear, so when you stop resisting and accept the feelings that come up, you may feel a sense of peace and freedom.

What you resist persists.

________________
FORWARDED by Jamie
http://www.saladltd.co.uk/unconditionalhappiness_tips_signup.htm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mirror or a 2-Way Glass?

LIFEBOOK

Are you an Angel?