Procrastination, A Thief of Time

Cindy, a young writer, grinned as she read her prose on the computer screen. The words were flowing smoothly from her brain to her fingers. I'm even impressing myself, she thought, a bit sheepishly. This is the best short story I have ever written. Only a few more pages and I'll be done.

She thought about pausing briefly to save her work, but she was on a roll. She feared the sudden inability to regain the rhythm she had found. I'll save it as soon as it's finished, she reasoned.

As Cindy plunged into the next paragraph, her cursor stopped blinking. Her pulse quickened. "Come on," she said, "don't do this to me, please. Not now!" Cindy waited a few moments, then hit her space bar. Nothing. Panicking, she hit "return." No response. Her screen was frozen like the arctic tundra.

She pounded furiously on her space bar and moved her mouse frantically across its pad, but she knew it was futile. Why didn't I take a minute to save this? she thought.

Cindy sighed deeply. All that appeared on the screen was the story title: "Ready or Not."

Cindy shook her head, then phoned her husband to tell him she'd be home late. Then she faced the almost-blank screen and began typing. Again

Make the most of every opportunity. --Colossians 4:5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mirror or a 2-Way Glass?

LIFEBOOK

Are you an Angel?